Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's National Ice Cream Day!

Not sure about anyone else but its just not fair that

Number 1 : Its a WEEK day!

And Number 2 : It's too COLD for ice cream....

But I could go for a Black Cow, aka Black and White; aka Rootbeer float

Compliments of The Nibbler

http://blog.thenibble.com/2010/06/10/recipe-have-a-cow%E2%80%94a-black-cow-a-k-a-root-beer-float/





Ingredients Per Serving

• 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
• 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
• Chilled root beer
Whipped cream
• Maraschino cherry 


Preparation

1. Scoop ice cream into a tall glass. Add chocolate syrup.
2. Slowly pour root beer over ice cream being careful not to let it foam up over the side of the glass.
3. Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry—or with a flute cookie, as in the photo. Serve with a straw and a long spoon for the ice cream.

Now this I could go for..

To warm you up...here is a pretty flower in sun colors from earlier this summer...a reminder of what is to come again for certain....

                                                                                 
See you later.....Blogger and the Internet itself is making me crazy today..it took over a half hour to load this picture on!   So now off to get busy!

See you later......hope everyone can take a break and enjoy their ice cream today!















 







Janie

6 comments:

  1. That sounds good regardless of the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could have a hot fudge sundae :-) Actually a black cow is perfect at any time. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never really too cold for ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janie; thanks so much for your comment and dropping by my blog. Hope you'll visit often, love having new blog friends! I'm also following your blog and will be back real soon to read more of your posts. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janie; thanks so much for your comment and dropping by my blog. Hope you'll visit often, love having new blog friends! I'm also following your blog and will be back real soon to read more of your posts. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete