Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fritter Day!

"God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December."
-   J. M. Barrie


***********************************************************************************************

It is Fritter Day!  Who knew!?


You can make fritters out of just about anything.


There are sweet ones, and savory ones..but the ones I remember were Corn Fritters.


My dad got paid every 2 weeks.  By the end of the second week we were just about out of everything.  But one thing my mother was able to do, and she did it well, was whip up a fast meal out of  "nothing".


One of the meals she would make, was Corn Fritters, with apple sauce and sausage.  We had the fritters with maple syrup....


It may have been an inexpensive dinner "out of nothing", but it was memories for us (me and my 3 siblings) and one of our favorites.  


I am not big on frying things these days, but in "honor" of Fritter Day, I am going to give my son's a choice;  Ricotta fritters, corn, or apple...


Enjoy your day!
See ya later, 


Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment