Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Monday...Counting Your Blessings

A lot has been said about Mondays... 

There have been many jokes, comments that make you think about whether you are "working", or have a "job"...

Many dread Monday with a back to the "grindstone..." mentality...

For most people, Sunday is their day of rest..and maybe it is as it should be...but when you kick off Monday by thinking you have to get; "back to the grindstone"; or dreading the coming week feeling; "chained to your desk"; maybe you should be re-thinking what you are doing.

For me, Monday is a time of a fresh start..whether it is for a new project, taking care of business for the week (whatever it is that sets you up for the week, or even months, ahead), or getting back to "what I Love"....(maybe that long term project that you really Love doing)

I try to think of Monday as my "set up day"...and in doing so, it makes the rest of the week easy-as-pie......fall into place. And by getting the "business" out of the way early in the week, I think it also helps over come any "surprises" that come my way too.  I can look over what was accomplished last week and look ahead...

Oh, and what happens when the 'surprises are on Monday?  I make Tuesday my set up day that week!!  Because generally when you set up your week, and follow your plan during the week before, the really important things might already be taken care of!

So with that in mind...I am finishing up leaves in the front, today (have not touched the back yet, except for a small part of the corral...(it is not unheard of to put out over 100 bags in our area.). I store my leaves for the chickens in the winter and the garden in the spring, and in that way feel like in some SMALL way I am helping the landfills, by keeping at least my 100 bags out of them, and helping the environment, by putting some of them back into the ground.

Then it's off the the local home center to pick up some final items to get ready for winter, some sand (I don't like using chemicals or salt on the front path and back deck), more caulk for the windows, and pots to put up some stray plants that have outgrown what they were in... I have this CRAZY notion that if I keep some of my favorite plants (or plants that were gifts from family members and friends) I can MOVE them when we move..if the housing market ever picks up, even if it is in the winter......

So off we go...see you around the corner...

Have a great day!
Janie
(pictures to come soon...if all goes well..)

No comments:

Post a Comment