Tuesday, January 11, 2011

French Fridays with Dorie...

Last Friday the recipe choice was:

http://www.frenchfridayswithdorie.com/?p=455

Paris mushroom soup (page 72) (Around My French Table-Dorie Greenspan)


This is so good, and so much better then canned.  It is thinner then canned, but I am sure if anyone wanted to make it thicker they could add some flour at the beginning cooking stage.  I also added a dollop of cream to each bowl.  (Dorie suggested Creme Fraiche, but I was fresh out)



The recipe also called for dry white wine, which I didn't have.  I had intended to pick some up, but couldn't get out, so I used Dry Sherry, which I always have on hand for Asian cooking and preserving ginger.  
It turned out to be an excellent combination with the rosemary.  I will have to use it in more dishes then Asian cooking from now on!  Thank you Dorie...



No comments:

Post a Comment