Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ouch, Yum and other things....

Today is Tuesdays With Dorie.  (Baking From My House to Yours-Dorie Greenspan)

http://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com/

It is closed now, and I started doing it too late, but I still bake along, because it just so happened I already had the book.  Today, Laurie picked Midnight Crackles, which are DEEP deep darkest chocolate....and since I am still in a baking mood, I will make them later ....I also have a sour dough loaf rising...

And this past Sunday, Baked Sunday Mornings, with the Baked Explorations book, by Matt Lews and Renado Poliafito, the choice was the Almond Joy Tart.

http://bakedsundaymornings.blogspot.com/

I like this group.  The rules are very relaxed..if you can bake it you do it, all they ask is for comments and links...and the choices are every other week.   Almond Joy, and Mounds just happen to be some of my favorite candies as a kid, so I look forward to this one...it might come later in the week...

Technically, I do not consider this a cooking blog, but I Love to cook, and collect cook books, so I thought I might bake along with some of them...

It's been a quiet weekend, and I ended up with back spasms from shoveling snow last week...some one had to shovel out to the corral at dawn!  It is easier to shovel then trudge through snow carrying hay bags and buckets!  So Wednesday the chiropractor did ultra sound on my back spasms, and I got through the weekend...but I need it again, as they started again last night.  I have another appointment for next Saturday, and they are saying we just might get more snow Friday night into Sat.  
But, so they say, not a lot...it might be worse for New England.  So we'll see what happens, hopefully I will still get to my appointment.   Anyway, I spend most of the weekend, with a heating pad...not conducive to writing blogs...

So, today starts my New Year...haha!  Better late then never!  A new year of getting organized, and tackling my many lists of projects, that I hope to complete this year.  Technically, I do not believe in doing the resolutions thing, and I make my plans at any time of the year I see something needs to be done, or changed, or started fresh.

I have a bit of running around to do today, food shopping and other errands, and I still have to get fresh water out to the animals (it was frozen this morning so I am waiting for the heated hose to do its job, and thaw enough to get water out of it.) but if I can (and if I can get a good picture out of my camera) maybe I will post a cookie picture...I can't wait to eat them....they were on my list of things to bake even before they were picked...

So I am off...See you later,

Janie

No comments:

Post a Comment