Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu for the Week...

I am still recovering..still not feeling "right" but much better then last week. So here is a menu for this week...."maybe" I will stick to it..I am giving myself a lot of leeway..

MON
I was planning on food shopping today but that is probably not going to happen, so we will be having left over split pea soup with ham, and homemade sour dough bread..maybe I will make cheese garlic bread to go with it, or maybe I will make mini pizzas.

TUE
this one is up for grabs because I have shred pork from a pork roast in the freezer, for BBQ pulled pork sandwiches or tacos, but if we have split pea soup on Monday I don't want to have pork again, so this might wait.  Either/or what we didn't have to dinner last night out of the two choices

WED
Stuffed shells from last week and Italian bread, and green salad.

THUR
chicken cutlet and a spinach salad with raspberries, and raspberry vinaigrette


FRI-
free night (for me-boys go out or have company so I do whatever I want!)

SAT
Pasta with a light creamy sauce, and roasted cauliflower, and garlic. I might put some peas in it too.

SUN
out...

****************************************************************************************************************

An Alternate Meal or lunch might be pasta and tuna with oil, Romano/Parmesan mix, and garlic, fresh parsley, and red pepper flakes.

Seems like there is a lot of pasta on the menu this week.  I Love pasta, and it is inexpensive, and handy to have in the pantry for weeks like THIS one!

I mix good Italian pasta, half and half with some of the whole grain and higher fiber pastas, (but not all whole wheat).  When good pasta is mixed with vegetables (the veg being in a higher quantity then the pastas, and the sauce being light) it becomes basically healthy. Pair it with a salad and it is a fast, inexpensive, healthy meal.  Sometimes I will add meat to it, depending on the sauce. Or even ...gasp...bacon...I Love bacon... I am half northern Italian what can I say...give me any vegetable and I can mix it with pasta...

See you later,
Janie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janie, thanks for coming by The Hut, so nice to meet you.

    You've been through quite a journey and I wish you well. Seems we have something in common, but just the opposite — I love the snow, but in small doses. Growing up in Southern California my family had a cabin in Big Bear and a trailer home in Malibu. Guess where you'd find me most often?

    I do see that we both love camping and nature though.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete